FitStation provides a way for you to connect with your fitness partners, trainers, gyms, studios and members sharing goals, encouragement, messages and media through our social fitness platform.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, members, users, and others who access the Services (“Users”).
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, phone number and e-mail address when you register for a FitStation account.
- If you are a Paying Party, you will provide us either credit card or banking information.
- Profile information that you provide for your Spot, Leader, User profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number), location, interests, specialties, schedules, social media links
- As a Member, fitness Information including your leaders, gyms, studios, interests, bio, goals and social media sites. This information allows us to help you or others to connect and work together to reach your fitness goals and expand your connections with people and new fitness activities, leaders, gyms and studios.
- As a Leader or Spot, contact information, schedules, locations and staff which helps us make your services known to our Members.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, feedback and other materials) that you post to the Services.
- Communications between you and FitStation. For example, we may send you Services related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Services-related e-mails.
Building your Tribe on FitStation:
- If you choose, you can use our search features to locate other people with FitStation accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of names and usernames on FitStation.
- If you choose to find your tribe through (i) your device’s contacts list, then FitStation will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using FitStation.
- If you choose to find your tribe through a search of names or usernames on FitStations then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Services.
- Note about “Invite” feature: If you choose to invite someone to the FitSation through our “Invite friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, FitStation does not have access to or control this communication.
Working with a Spot or Guru on FitStation:
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Members and Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by FitStation.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- help you connect with gyms, studios and members to share your fitness goals and activities
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the IFitStation application on your device
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of FitStation without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you (“Services Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Services, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our FitStation API.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties using the FitStation API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which FitStation, its Affiliates or Services Providers maintain facilities.
- FitStation, its Affiliates, or Services Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, FitStation cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to FitStation or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and FitStation, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media Services you connect to FitStation make to their Services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, FitStation, its Affiliates, or its Services Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
FitStation does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 14. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 14 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an IFitStation User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US